close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Leaf collection runs from the last week of October to the first full week of December. Weather permitting! Leaf piles that contain garbage, grass clippings, brush, tree branches, and pet waste WILL NOT be collected.
Chickens and farm animals are only permitted in the low-density residential district (R-1) within the Township.
While the burning of trash in a burn barrel is not considered open burning, the practice of burning one's household garbage/trash is not allowed.

Prior to renting a unit, the owner of a rental unit must register with the Township Municipal Building located at: 1013 Elm Street.
The property owner must schedule an inspection with the Township, so that a Code Enforcement Officer can inspect each rental unit. A fee of $70 must be prepaid by the owner to the Township prior to an inspection being scheduled. Inspections are to be conducted once every six years after initial licensing, unless there is a change in occupant. Prior to a new tenant moving into a rental unit, a new inspection is required. 

If your property is connected to city sanitation a dye test is required. The application can be found on our website under "Forms and Documents", under the "Government" tab, or one can be picked up at the Township Municipal building located at: 1013 Elm Street. The fee is $100.00 and may take 5-7 business days to complete depending upon how many applications are in queue.  
J Young Refuse: 724-495-6199
Beaver Valley Regional Police Department.  If you have an emergency, please call 911.  For non-emergency call: 724-869-9530.
Rochester Township maintains signs along the township roads and certain signs on the state roads.  While every effort is made to keep all of our signs upright and in good condition, if you notice one damaged or missing, please contact the Township office at:
(724) 774-0135.
Yes, with the following stipulations:
Decks that are over 30 inches in height, measured from grade level to walking surface on the deck are required to have a "Building Permit". Decks that are under 30inches in height, measured from grad level to waking surface are required to have a "Zoning Permit".

Sheds, detached garages and accessory buildings that are over 1,000 square feet are required to have a "Building Permit", while sheds detached garages and accessory buildings under 1,00 square feet only need a zoning Permit.  All additions and porches with roofs attached to the dwelling require a "Building Permit".
The International Residential Code requires a 36-inch guard rail height for porches, decks, or balconies on residential structures.
Yes and No. 
Fences require the issuance of a "Zoning Permit". Fences must meet set back requirements and cannot be installed in easements, right of way or in a manner that will interfere with vehicle site distance or roads.
Playsets are not regulated by the Township Zoning Ordinance of Building Codes.
Yes. Driveway/Road Occupancy Permits are reviewed and issued by the Zoning and Code Enforcement Officer.  You are not required to obtain a permit if you are simply resealing an existing driveway.